Orsted develop, construct and operate wind farms and are a global leader in the offshore industry
The Ofsted vision is a world that runs entirely on green energy. Orsted construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers throughout Europe. On the east coast of the UK, Orsted are currently constructing the world’s largest offshore wind farms; Hornsea One and Two which will be operated from their Grimsby base, the East Coast Hub, the largest offshore wind operations and maintenance facility in the world!
If you’re passionate about a future in green energy, our partnership with Orsted, can introduce you to their three year Wind Turbine Technician apprenticeship scheme. To find out more about the company and the careers available, carry on scrolling!
“Securing a workforce for the future is important to us and we need to attract new talent and the brightest minds into our business to achieve our ambition to live in a world that runs entirely on green energy.”
- Web address: www.orsted.com
- Location: In the UK, their offices are based in Grimsby
- Example Jobs: Wind Turbine Technician
- What they look for in their future workforce:
- A good technical understanding and ability to handle problem-solving and fault-finding
- A passion for manual dexterity work
- A mature attitude to safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use ICT equipment
- Examples of Engagement & Activity:
- Student mentor programme, to allow our students the opportunity to learn directly from the experts
- Specialised projects delivered directly to our students
- Attendance to ENL UTC events to discuss future career opportunities
- Employer talks regarding the roles available within the organisation
Want to discover a future in green energy?
Follow the buttons below to find out more about Orsted’s apprenticeship scheme or join us at one of our upcoming open events to start the conversation.