ABP is the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator. With a network of 21 ports around Britain, ABP offer unparalleled marine, road and rail access to domestic and international markets.
ABP Humber, consists of the ports of Immingham, Hull, Grimsby and Goole. They support over 33,000 jobs, handle more than 65 million tonnes of cargo and deal £75 billion of trade every year! Their continued investment in infrastructure, equipment and systems, ensures the ports are capable of delivering the supply chain solutions customers need.
ABP Humber, offer an exciting four year apprenticeship scheme that is split by the disciplines of electrical and mechanical. The apprenticeship sees candidates based at the Port of Immingham and Hull, where they have the opportunity to work closely with industry experts gaining first-hand experience of impressive infrastructures and giant sized kit including cranes, forklifts and tugs. From school leavers, to graduates and mature learners who have the determination to succeed in a new and exciting career. ABP offer nationally recognised qualifications and breadth of experience to help individuals realise their potential.
Working in close partnership with the ENL UTC, our students are able to explore real-world engineering problems alongside industry experts whilst discovering opportunities available within this exciting industry.
“ABP is partnered with the Engineering University Technical College (UTC) based in Scunthorpe which has many students who are keen to pursue a career in engineering, some of whom ABP supports through one-to-one mentoring.”
- Web address: www.abports.co.uk
- Location: ABP have 21 ports across the Britain. ABP Humber, consists of four ports in Immingham, Grimsby, Hull and Goole
- Example Jobs: Electrical Engineer and Mechanical Engineer
- Examples of Engagement & Activity:
- Student mentor programme, to allow our students the opportunity to learn directly from the experts
- Specialised projects delivered directly to our students
- Attendance to ENL UTC events to discuss future career opportunities, including Raising Aspirations Day
- Business breakfast, allowing our students to further develop their employability skills through interaction with industry
- Employer talks regarding the roles available within the organisation
- Onsite visits to discover more about life in industry
Want the opportunity to train with the UK’s leading ports operator?
Follow the button below to find out more about ABP and to watch their company video.