Cristal is the world leader producing titanium chemical products and the world’s second-largest producer of titanium dioxide (TiO2).
Cristal provides numerous products and services for a variety of industries around the world. From coatings to paper and polymers to pigments, their products and services are used to improve everyday life – a brighter paint, a tighter seal, a special ink. It makes possible the opacity, brightness and durability in paint formulas that have made modern paints more cost efficient, easier to use and friendlier to the environment. TiO2 also gives plastics and rubber opacity and whiteness. The main UK site in Stallingborough produces titanium dioxide and is one of the largest volume TiO2 facility in Europe.
- Web address: http://www.cristal.com
- In the UK, their plant is based in Stallingborough.
- Example Jobs: Process Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineer
- Reasons for working with the Humber UTC: “We are extremely proud to be associated with Humber UTC. The college is hugely important to us, providing us with our new employees and apprentices of the future. Helping to shape the curriculum ensures students will graduate with skills that are relevant not only to Cristal, but other local employers in the renewables and engineering sectors here in the Humber region.” “It’s been a great evening for everyone here and all the students deserve recognition for what they’ve achieved.” Gavin Jones Cristal Strategy & Competence Manager (Celebration Evening July 2017)
- Example of Engagement & Activity:
- 6 Sep 2017 – Staff Outset Day: staff visited site to find out about opportunities in industry and about what employers are looking for in their workforce
- Flange Guard project delivered to Year 10 & 11 Spring 2017.
- LED lighting project to be delivered January 2018
- 15 Dec 2017 – Year 13 site visit
- Member of the HUTC mentoring scheme
- Employer talks regarding the roles available within the organisation
- Supporting the Young Enterprise programme at the UTC