Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining and Marketing and Specialities businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally.
Helping the global economy thrive – from the jet fuel that carries people on holiday, to the car fuel that drivers use to get to work, to the natural gas we gather which powers businesses and the plastic products we see and touch every day.
A great place to work, we have 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.
The Humber Refinery located in Northern Lincolnshire is one of the most complex refineries with the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today’s energy landscape.
Humber is the only coking refinery in the UK and the world’s largest producer of speciality cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
- Web address: phillips66.co.uk
- Example Jobs: Engineering, Mechanical and Instrumentation Apprenticeships, Controls Systems Specialist, Environmental Engineer, Project Engineer, Instrumentation Technicians.
- Reason for working with the Humber UTC: “Partnership work like this is essential to help deliver well rounded, qualified and experienced young people; our employees of the future. It’s great to work with such a proactive school as the Humber UTC.”
- 6/09/2014 – Staff Outset Day where staff visited site to find out about opportunities in industry and about what employers are looking for in their workforce
- Helped to launch the Student Leadership Project 2017 in the Phillips 66 boardroom.
- 04/07/2017 – Visit taking a number of Year 10 students
- Work placements offered to selected students
- College courtyard equipment sponsored by Phillips 66
- Supported the organisation and delivery of the Nicky Morgan MP women in Engineering event
- Curriculum support