On behalf of the amazing staff and students here, welcome to Engineering North Lincolnshire University Technical College. It is both an honour and a privileged to lead this specialist technical college in the heart of Scunthorpe. Right at the heart of our provision is developing pathways for our students that put them ahead of the competition and into successful technical careers.
We are a specialist STEM school and sixth form based on Carlton Street in Scunthorpe Town Centre. Students study a combination of technical and academic subjects which is complemented by a personal development programme which brings out the best in each student and enhances their softer employability skills. Students can study one of three technical pathways here at the ENLUTC:
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Health Sciences and Social Care
- Engineering Science
In the Humber region and nationally there is skills shortage in both engineering and health sciences and social care, and so future opportunities of careers in these sectors are bright for our students, it’s an education today for tomorrows jobs.
Our building is a multi-million-pound state of the art facility. Working in partnership with the University of Hull and the region’s leading employers and health professionals, we provide our students with a unique, employer-led education that puts them ahead of the rest when applying for higher apprenticeships, university applications or fulltime employment.
Our unique curriculum, which has been designed with employers along the Humber region, provides our students with the following:
- Exciting employer/practitioner led projects which allows students to experience real life challenges and scenarios to develop the skills and values the sector require
- Valuable industry trips and visits to the region’s top employers and health professionals
- The wealth of encounters with employers help to deepen their vocabulary and knowledge of the sector they specialise in
- A bespoke careers programme so that students get an accurate and up to date understanding of the possible career pathways and opportunities in this region and nationally
- Work experiences in their speciality sector
- An appreciation and understanding of the global, national and regional goals that their specialist sector is challenged with
- The latest developments and technological advances in their relevant sector that our employer partners are delivering or planning for the future
- Developing relevant technical skills that the sector demands their employees to be proficient in
- Professional mentors
- Engage and inspire young women into STEM related careers
We bring education and business together in a way that gives our students the very best preparation for high quality careers working with the region’s top employers.
Since opening our doors in September 2015, the ENL UTC has since received a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating, and become one of the fastest growing small UTCs in the country. Our success is measured in the great results and destinations that our students achieve. We are proud of our track record in enabling 100% of our year 11 students to progress on to positive destinations, including further education, apprenticeships, or employment. Our Year 13 students stand out from the crowd with their technical specialisms, enabling them to secure sought-after higher and degree apprenticeships as well as competitive university or college places.
For students who want more than just qualifications, we provide an all-round education focused on future progression. We have 600 student places and students can join us in Year 10 and Year 12. If you want to know more about how to apply, what pathways are available or you want more information about life at ENL UTC, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com. I look forward to welcoming you to one of our information events and when you join the UTC in September.